Michael R. Urman
MICHAEL R. URMAN is a Shareholder in the Tucson office. He maintains a general civil practice including
- representation of financial institutions, including foreclosures, receiverships and pursuit of other remedies in lending contexts;
- all aspects of real estate acquisition, financing, development and management;
- general business and corporate representation, including negotiation and documentation of workouts of troubled loan arrangements; and
- mining and natural resource acquisition, financing and development, and permitting and environmental due diligence matters.
Mr. Urman is listed in Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Finance Law, holds an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell and is listed in Who’s Who Legal for Mining Law.
Mr. Urman has practiced with the Firm since 1983 and has been a Shareholder since 1988. He graduated with highest distinction from the University of Arizona College of Law in 1982 where he was a member of Order of the Coif and editor-in-chief of the Arizona Law Review as well as the outstanding graduating senior in his law class. Prior to attending law school, he graduated with highest distinction from the University of Arizona College of Education with a degree in Secondary Education. He served as Research Analyst/Legislative Aide to the House Education Committee, Arizona State Legislature during the 1978 regular session. Mr. Urman was Law Clerk to the Honorable William P. Copple, District Judge for the U.S. District Court, District of Arizona in 1982-1983, and has been a member of the State Bar of Arizona since 1982. He has also been licensed to practice in Colorado since 1993. He is a past President and State Board Chairman of the Arizona Historical Society and presently serves as President of Patronato San Xavier, the non-profit entity responsible for the conservation of the Mission San Xavier del Bac in Southern Arizona. Mr. Urman is also a former President of the Tucson Community School and was a long-time member of the board of directors of the Arizona Kidney Foundation, where he was State Chairman in 1997-1998.
- Arizona (1982)
- Colorado (1993)
- B.A. with Highest Distinction, Secondary Education, University of Arizona College of Education (1979)
- J.D., with Highest Distinction, University of Arizona College of Law (1982)
- Member, Order of the Coif
- Editor-in-chief, Arizona Law Review
- University of Arizona School of Law outstanding graduating senior, 1982
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America’®-Commercial Finance Law
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, State Bar of Colorado
- Member, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Chairman, Board of Directors, Arizona Kidney Foundation (1997-1998)
- President and Chairman of State Board of Directors, Arizona Historical Society (2012-2014)
- Member, Board of Directors, Patronato San Xavier (2011-Present)
- Vice President of Chairman of Finance Committee, Patronato San Xavier